How to make your website more attractive?
For any business, their website is the platform which showcases their services and brand to their current as well as prospective customers. And when it comes to attracting visitors, then a website has hardly 5 seconds to capture their attention. Visually attractive websites can help businesses to create a solid first impression on their visitors in comparison to websites that have plain ol’ text. That being said, let’s look at some ways by which you can make your website look more attractive.
1. Minimalistic Homepage Design: The sure-fire way to encourage exploration of your website is by keeping the content of your homepage to the minimal, in other words not too crowded. Just imagine yourself in the place. You visit a website which is loaded with lots of information on the homepage itself. You obviously would find it hard to navigate as well as to follow what’s being conveyed. This doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the important information. You can use icons, images, larger headings and subheadings to garner a user’s attention.
2. Content Placing & Colors: Content Placement is a vital part when it comes to attracting your visitors. In other words, your website needs to have a hierarchy which is easy to follow by your readers or visitors. You can further accentuate your content through proper color combinations i.e. to use colors that help you convey the right message to your target audience.
3. Readable Content: It is very necessary to have “readable” content on your website. Your website’s content should be easy to read i.e. a user should be able to scan through it quickly and gather the information that is useful to them without too much effort. There are some basic rules that you need to keep in mind when it comes to making content readable such as font size, font family, number of typefaces and the combination between them.
4. Maintaining Consistency: You might have too many ideas when it comes to colors and imagery on your website. However, it is wise to maintain consistency for all the elements. For example, not changing the design of your website too frequent as it might make it difficult for users to navigate through it when they visit after some time. Even if you make changes after a while they should be subtle rather than too bold.
5. Easy to Navigate: The sole aim of developing a website is to convey to your respective audience what your business really does. And this is possible when your website has easy navigation i.e. a user can surf the website easily and not get lost. For example, a user should be able to get to the home page with a click or two. You can even include sticky or vertical navigation if your website is the long-scrolling type. There are different kinds of navigation which you can use according to your website requirements.
Hence, these were some tips to keep in mind if you are making a new website or revamping the old one. Always check the latest trends while designing a site if you want to give your audience a new visual experience.